I am a firm believer that a recipe never needs a much oil/butter as the instructions claim. The original recipe called for 150ml of oil, I reduced it to 100ml and the cake still came out lovely! Win for me! My cake baked for almost an hour before it was ready.
- 2-3 Apples
- 3-4 Tablespoons Honey(I used syrup)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g Sugar
- 100ml Oil
- 250g Cake Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Chop apples finely, mix with honey, cinnamon and sugar and leave for 30 minutes
- Beat sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Add oil, sift in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drain the apples, reduce the liquid to a syrup in a pan.
- Pour batter into greased 25x30cm pan. Sprinkle the apples on top of the batter. Lastly drizzle the syrup over the apples.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 30 minutes.
The kitchen unfortunately is not a very pretty place for taking pictures, outside is much nicer!