I've had a craving for smoked snoek for quite a while now, smoked snoek pate specifically. It took one lazy Saturday afternoon and 15 minutes to make a fresh, creamy, smokey, lemony pate that is great immediately, and even better once it has had time for the flavours to develop.
I bought myself a new camera a few days ago. I've been having so much fun playing with it, and I really enjoyed taking these photos! <3 dSLR :)
Smoked Snoek Pate
Makes about 1 cup
- 200g Packet of Smoked Snoek
- 2 Heaped tablespoons Creamed Cottage Cheese
- 2 Heaped teaspoons Mayonaise
- 1 Clove of garlic, cut finely
- 0.25 Onion, grated or cut finely
- 0.5 Pickle, grated or cut finely
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 0.5 Lemon
- 0.25 Cup of Dill (cut into small pieces)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Flake the fish and carefully remove all the bones.
- Mix all the ingredients together. That is all!
Note: These quantities are only a guideline. I devised the recipe by adding ingredients and tasting until I was happy, I highly recommend you do the same!