Phew, last post, last minute! Thank you LadyRaven for hosting the Ready Steady Cook! challenge, it definitely was a challenge to finish it all on time (due to my laziness...), but it was a learning experience.
This dessert is quick and dirty, no measuring of ingredients, just add to taste..!
- Nectarines, cut into slivers
- Mixed Spice
- Lemon Zest
- Phyllo Pastry
- Melt the butter and sugar in a pan. Add the nectarines and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the spices and lemon zest, cook for a few minutes more and remove from heat.
- Cut phyllo pastry into 10cm wide strips. Place about 5 strips on top of each other.
- Place some nectarines on one of the corner areas. Fold the corner over to the opposite side to form a triangle. Keep on folding triangles until you have reached the end of the strip. Brush the edge with butter to seal the triangle.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius until the pastry is golden brown.